Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
7-Eleven announced that the handheld gaming device goes for $30. The Tetris portable is housed in a case designed after the brand's iconic Slurpee cup that glows with a colored backlight, packing a full-color 1.8-inch screen and built-in speaker. The device is powered by three AAA batteries, but can also be played in a wired mode using a USB-C cable. However, it's not actually available yet as the 7-Eleven website says it's still coming soon with no clear release date.
Source

This is all speculation on my part, but this is more than likely going to be a re-shelled, re-branded MyArcade handheld.

A retail convenience store couldn't possibly be trying to build a whole handheld game from the ground up - not when so many private-label handhelds that fit this discription already exist. They're probably only involved in the slurpee cup design for the handheld's body, and getting the electronic components to fit in there.

It's kinda cool, when you think about it, because even if the game already exists in another form, the design alone makes this sort of a collector's item. Imagine a limited run of 7-eleven original handhelds that were only available for like a year or two? The second-hand market would be crazy.

I feel 7-11 game console would be popular with people with less money because it only cost $30 which is more affordable than other cosoles.

I like that 7-11 console can run off 3 AAA batteries, or by a USB-C charger.

If it only plays one game I wouldn't even bother. Just get any Game Boy console at that point. This sounds very cheap.

I would get it but it would sit on the shelf. I wouldnt even play it.

I feel a lot of people will get this console as a collectible item. Many people may review this console on their blog, Twitch Stream, and YouTube Channel.

WOW, everybody is jumping on the handheld gaming market. I am going to be very curious to see what handheld companies stick around and which ones fail.

Back